How New York State Adapts to Changing CDC Guidance Amid COVID-19 Variants
With NY State ending the mask mandate on February 12, 2023, some health experts suggest that providers should continue to wear masks and encourage their patients to do so, especially if they are unvaccinated, immunocompromised, or have symptoms. The CDC has changed its position on mandatory masking in healthcare settings, no longer recommending that it be universal. Providers can look up the spread of COVID-19 in their area using online tools such as WHO Coronavirus Dashboard, COVID Data Tracker Weekly Review, or US COVID-19 cases and deaths by state.
Click on the link for the dashboard: https://bit.ly/3ZiX8R3
A few tips when using the dashboard:
- Be sure you are on the COUNTY TRANSMISSION not case rate maps/charts
- Scroll down to the colored USA map
- Double click on NYS)
- On the NYS map, as below, hover over your county
- If Red or Orange, your county rate is high or substantial
- This dashboard updates every Thursday evening and should be checked Friday AM for the following week.
Source: CDC.gov, NY State.gov